I was “nominated” by Rachel for a Liebster Award a few weeks ago, and when I was told that, I (unashamedly) felt honoured, but then quickly realised that I didn’t even know what it was for, or what the awards were about. After a quick search, I discovered that it’s simply like one of those chain Q&A posts, where you get tagged, answer their questions, and then you tag some other people.
The rules upon being nominated are:
- To list eleven random facts about yourself
- Answer the five questions that were designated by the person who nominated you
- Nominate (tag?) five other people for the Liebster Award
- Assign your set of five questions for your nominees to answer
Eleven random facts about myself:
- I like to keep my spaces and things around me clean, tidy, and organised. I can’t live with clutter. Everything has its place.
- I like to express myself creatively. I take photos everyday for my ongoing Project 365, and I’ve published an artist’s book and a produced short video using the pictures that I’ve taken over the past year.
- My favourite colour is yellow.
- I like Apple. I love their products. I love the company’s ethos and their determination to do things, not only better, but differently, to please and delight their customers.
- I am interested in civil aviation and the airline industry. I’ve taken flying lessons before, but had to stop a few years ago. I may pursue it again in the future, or I may possibly work with an airline in another capacity. Who’s to know.
- I love food. I love Asian street food, but more recently, I’ve taken an affection to gourmet burgers. Serve me a simple beef burger with caramelised onions, and I’ll be a happy man.
- I am currently studying at UWA, but only on a trial basis (or as they like to call it, a “conditional entry”). As long as I pass all my units this semester, my conditional status would be lifted.
- I’d say that I have a minimalistic design and aesthetic style. Less is more.
- I love chocolates. I can eat a whole block of chocolate at one go.
- Mangoes are my favourite fruit.
- I have an unhealthy obsession with social media.
Here are my responses to Rachel’s five questions:
1. What is one extreme thing you’d like to do, but don’t have the guts to?
When I read extreme, I immediately thought of extreme sports. I’d really like to go skydiving, but I think I’d probably piss my pants in fear, leading up to the moment I jump off that plane, but then jump off anyway.
2. What was your last indulgent purchase?
I wouldn’t call them indulgent purchases, but I recently bought some new clothes for the winter season, which amounted up to a few hundred dollars. Nice clothes are expensive.
3. Name five items currently in your bag that you can’t leave your house without.
I have a small umbrella that I keep in my bag, which has come in handy a couple of times before. A water bottle, pocket tissues, a pen and my yellow notebook.
4. What’s your most played song on iTunes, ever?
iTunes: Charice – Pyramid (feat. Iyaz)
I use other music services as well — Last.fm, which has been scrobbling my plays since 2007, and more recently, Spotify, so I thought I’d put up my most played song from those services too:
Last.fm: Corinne Bailey Rae – Like a Star
Spotify: Macklemore & Ryan Lewis – Thrift Shop (feat. Wanz)
5. How would you describe your style, and who are your current fashion influences?
I don’t dress following any particular style, or fashion influencers. I just buy and wear what I like and what feels comfortable on me. My wardrobe consists of a lot of checkered or stripe-patterned button-down shirts. If it’s not patterned, it’s a solid colour. I’m not too fond of wearing clothes with graphic prints. I don’t like wearing T-shirts. I don’t like wearing shorts either. I wear jeans from Levis, and chino pants from Uniqlo. For my feet, I have two pairs of boat shoes from Urge, two pairs of canvas shoes, one from Vans, the other from Superga. And I also have two pairs of Nike Free Runs, one in orange, and one in green.
My five questions for my nominees:
- What is your guilty pleasure?
- White, milk, or dark chocolate?
- What is your greatest achievement so far?
- If you could live anywhere besides where you do now, places today, or back in history, where would it be and why?
- To date, what has been your worst disappointment in life?
My five nominees for the Liebster Award are:
Devin (wolf-hugs), Sophia (sophstomorrow), Nadiah (nxdixh), Jackson (mcnugget), and Briddey (bruise). I look forward to your responses!